Sunday, December 6, 2015

Catfish

This week, I watched a film called catfish. In this movie, it teaches us about real life depictions of ourselves and the made up view of ourselves that we have in our head.  I believe you can tell a lot about a person by what they use the internet for. However, I believe the persona someone uses on the internet is the person they try to be in reality.
   I did, however feel some type of sympathy for Angela, because she was highly dissatisfied with her life at home, but on the other hand I did not approve of her deliberately deceiving other people and how premeditated her actions were shown to be.

2 comments:

  1. Yes, I agree with you. At some point you do kind of feel bad for Angela, but also she had no right deliberately messing with someone's emotions the entire time.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I do agree. People want to become their digital selves. The digital self is who they desire to look like and be. It is still different in reality. They feel unable to actually become that person so they try as hard as they can to appear to be someone else.

    ReplyDelete