Monday, December 7, 2015

Let me turn to mush! I dont need a catfish!

We don't need catfish in this world. There is too much confusion happening enough to have to worry about fake identity. What's worse is you never know when someone else is using your information to lie to someone else. Yes, this was a real relationship and real feelings were there, but it was on the foundation o a lie. therefore, it destroys the entire relationship as a whole. looks don't matter, but i at least want to know what you look like. We saw the results. In a consequential view, the film maker was devastated.
Sure this led to him having a show and informing others. but others are being abused by perverts that wish to exploit young people online. Others may truly not having anything else better to do. As for the lady in the film, i felt sorry in a way. However, I had no sympathy for her as to what she did, but more so in the fact that her life...pretty much sucked. she gave up so much to be with her husband and she hasn't reaped the rewards from her love for him. therefore, she created a fake Facebook account to sell her art and have a love interest on the side. Its almost sad to think of how elaborate this actually was and the time to  even make what she did happen.
And she isn't alone. I've experienced people trying to talk to me with fake accounts. Its quiet creepy. and if they were using a picture of someone that looked too good, I had to be suspicious. Funny how that was my determining factor, but it's true. some things really are too good to be true and have to be watchful. Im glad that this documentary exists to educate people on this phenomena, and i hope more watch it for others not to be trapped in a web of lies.

1 comment:

  1. I agree with you. I wish that we didn't need catfish. If people could be honest then we could get away without them. However, I think that this experience did benefit Nev and taught him that he does need to be skeptical while talking to someone online. I would hate for this to happen to me and I agree that there shouldn't be a need for catfish. But, there are people out there that do this to others and we do need to be aware.

    ReplyDelete