Sunday, November 29, 2015

Welcome to White Bear Park

In the episode White Bear we follow the story of a lost and confused woman. She wakes up in what she believes to be her house, and finds a picture of a young girl. When she steps outside she is constantly chased by someone with intentions of hurting her. Through out the entire film I felt bad for her, up to the point where I find out what she did.
Now, is it moral to put the woman through the same pain and torture day after day? I thought the punishment was fit, until the credits. It is not correct to make a show out of anyone's punishment. I remember when my brother use to get yelled at and I laughed my mother used to get on me too. Punishment is not made for other's entertainment, it is to punish the person for what they did wrong. They went a bit to far with this, to hire/recruit volunteers to do this day after day to teach her a lesson that she will not remember tomorrow is a bit excessive.
I will agree that she deserves a punishment, that she needs to pay for what she has done by watching the recorded video over and over again in a cell all alone, but to have people come and record this elaborate punishment is just not right.

3 comments:

  1. Yes , I also agree that she needs to punished but not for someone else's entertainment but because it is the just thing to do.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I don't feel that she deserved to be tourtured that way at all. Jail, yes. It's just not ethical

    ReplyDelete
  3. I feel as though the punishment is okay but for that many times is excessive. I agree with the punishment you came up with instead of a complicated punishment.

    ReplyDelete